Minutes of a Meeting of the Board of Directors of the Colorado Traditional Archers Society December 9, 2014.
- Call to order at 7:00 PM via telephone. Dean Derby, Chairman called the meeting to order and requested a roll call of Board Members present:
Dean Derby, Chris Reilly, Mike Koenig, Larry Alma, Phil Belchar, Eric Sawyer, SadieJo Accashian, Steve Shuey, Mark Kadnuck, Scott Hargrove, Ron Rockwell, Dirk Dieterich.
Absent: Gary and Connie Renfro, Bill Lloyd, Barry Smith, Todd Chrisman, Jake Powell, Bill Grammer, Mike Hays.
- Treasurer presented the Profit and Loss statement as well as the Balance sheet.
- Old Business
- Society officers: Establish who will take up or continue with their positions in the society. Dean Derby indicated he would continue as Chairman as well as chair the Youth Hunt, (if no one wants to take the position). Jim Shanks has volunteered to take over the News Letter job, Steve Shuey will remain as Treasurer and Mike Koenig will remain as Secretary.
- Larry Alma announced that 2015 will be his last year as Banquet Chairman and kitchen chairman. We will have a difficult time finding someone for these jobs, so all need to think about who might do this, and recruit.
- Banquet 2015 Feb 6 and 7: Larry indicated that the venue and schedule are much as last year. Dirk indicated that we lost our speaker to illness, but has contacted Judd Kooney who has accepted the invitation. We need to know if he wants the suite for both nights, and Dirk will take care of getting him to the venue.
Seminars as of now: Arrow building; bow building; flint knapping and head measuring. Larry Alma will ask Tom Clum if he would to a shooting session.
Phil Belchar will again head the auction/raffle duties. We all need to solicit items. Dean will use contacts at Sportsmans Warehouse.
The current newsletter needs all the information, as well as Dirk for the web site.
SadieJo reminded us of the Face Book page, and requested all the information to post on the Page.
Dirk will get a jacket size for a speaker gift and Mark will have a jacket made.
Jerry Becay will be in charge of finding the 2015 Archer of the year. Mike Koenig will attempt to come up with criteria for selection and get that out for comment. The selection is made by prior winners after nominations, with the just past recipient taking charge.
- Rabbit Hunt: Mike Stewart will organize the hunt for Jan 10 and 11. Details of meeting places, hotels and restaurants will be on the web and in the newsletter. The hunt will take place in and around Rangely.
- 2016 Banquet: Phil Belchar moved and SadieJo seconded that CTAS hold a co-banquet with the Compton Traditional Archers. Motion passed. Dean requested a committee be formed to continue with the organization. Dirk volunteered. The venue has been selected as the Denver Merriot South. Committee member volunteers are: SadieJo, Koenig, Scott H. and Dean. We need to work on organizing seminars activities. Thus far we think Jake Powell will do a bow making seminar, and we will ask Tom Clum to do a shooting seminar. Suggestions are needed.
- High Country Shoot: June 26-28 2015. The secretary will request the dates from the USFS. -We will be applying for the Permit renewal next year, hopefully a 5 year permit.
Hopefully, Bill Lloyd will chair the shoot again.
We lost three tents last summer, and need to replace them, motion to replace was made and approved. Shoot chair will get them. The Forest Service requested that we not bring up the trailers on the weekend before the shoot, thus avoiding conflicts with other campers. We can still lay out course that weekend.
We decided to continue with the free Chili dinner on Saturday night.
Chris Reilly indicated he has to find a new trophy vendor, and will have some selections at the Banquet.
We will start the annual meeting at 8 am Saturday, Feb 7 2015.
Adjorn 8:50 PM